Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 13- The Sermon on the Mount Is Missing a Beatitude

King James Version of Matthew 5:2

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,


Joseph Smith Translation

And he opening his mouth, and taught them, saying, 

Blessed are they who shall believe on me; 
and again more blessed are they who shall believe on your words
when ye shall testify that ye have seen me and that I am.
Yea, blessed are they who shall believe on your words 
and come down into the depth of humility and be baptized in my name;
for they shall visited with fire and with the Holy Ghost,
and shall receive a remission of their sins.

1. 85 words versus 9. I had to look up the KJV twice before I could believe it.


2. Most of the Christian world thinks the sermon begins with "blessed are the poor in spirit", but Joseph adds life-changing and salvation-changing information.

3. "Believing in Christ" is the first step toward GOD.

4. Being humble enough to be baptized is step two. According to Paul Toscano (a vastly better writer than I), the narcissist will not recognize he or she needs a Savior.

5. Correct baptism of water leads to the baptism of fire, which is when the HOLY GHOST purifies you.

6. A remission of sins follows the baptism of fire, not the baptism of water. There are a lot of baptized people walking the earth who do not have their sins remitted, because they are not yet baptized with fire (myself included). If this is the case, you may want to try rebaptism.

7. If I were a false prophet and had the audacity to fix the Bible, I would not add 76 words to one verse of the Sermon on the Mount. Joseph Smith is a true prophet and had GOD's authorization to restore what was lost from the world's best known discourse. Do not take my word for it, ask GOD yourself (James 1:5).