In Matthew chapter 7, JESUS tells us how to determine if someone or something is good or corrupt.
Here are His words starting with verse 15:
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
You will know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles?
Even so, every good tree bears good fruit,
but every bad tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit...
Therefore by their fruits shall you know them.
New King James Version Matthew 7:15-20
First, Joseph Smith made no changes to these 6 verses in Matthew 7.
Second, A good thing cannot produce bad things.
Third, a bad thing cannot produce good things.
Let us look at the bad fruit of Mormonism descended from Brigham Young.
1. Mountain Meadows Massacre
3. "Lying for the Lord" the dumbest slogan in history. Apparently early church leaders never got through all 10 commandments.
4. Denying priesthood based on skin color.
5. Suppresion of women from 1844-2020 and beyond.
6. Allowing choices of parents to effect a child's ability to be baptized.
7. Having men other than the child's father ask questions about the child's sexual conduct.
8. Covering up numerous misdeeds in church history.
9. Excommunicating true followers of Christ.
10. Creating a false hierarchy to stand between members and GOD.
11. Stealing from members by saying "increase" is income instead of income beyond what is needed to pay for family expenses.
12. Taking the money stolen from members and hoarding it to the tune of 100 Billion dollars in just one church investment fund. The total wealth of the church is probably around 200 Billion dollars.
I could go on, but that is 12 examples of bad fruit.
The LDS church cannot be "good" by CHRIST's own test for goodness, because again and again it produces bad fruit. LDS church history is one long saga of evil deeds.
How many different examples of bad fruit is it going to take until the remaining 4 million or so active Mormons become ex- Mormons?