Wednesday, November 25, 2020

#BLINDOBEDIENCE

Almost anyone who might accidentally stumble on this humble blog would know that Mormon president Russell Nelson has asked his followers to spend a week giving thanks. He feels this will turn the tide on the world's problems and create healing.

I think a 96 year old has come up with a ridiculous idea and apparently no one at Mormon Inc. has the ability to make him see the obvious...

This is already the time of year when people give thanks...it is called Thanksgiving.

What is next up on the false prophet agenda?

Extra days of Christmas? If we go back to the 12 days of Christmas will Covid go away? If Mormons everywhere buy a partridge in a pear tree will evil be stopped in its tracks?

More New Year's resolutions? If all Mormons make more goals they do not keep for 2021 will it be a better year than 2020?

Will the Mormon Church allow drinking one day a year on St. Patrick's day in the hopes that its members can more closely bond with potential Irish converts?

How about more eggs at Easter? More fireworks on the 4th of July? More candy at Halloween?

All of these things are ridiculous I know, but not any more so absurd as giving thanks at Thanksgiving and calling it a revelation from a prophet.

I have also noticed that not many Mormons are giving thanks for JESUS the savior of this planet.

They like to focus on family. Families that will all go to Hell without JESUS and a laser-like focus on Him.

Here is my list of things I am grateful for every damn day...

I am grateful for the Most High GOD who came up with a way that others could become like Him (but still answer to Him).

I am grateful for Jesus Christ, the true son of the Most High God, who suffered immensely in a superhuman effort to save sinners like me.

I am grateful for the knowledge that salvation is between and individual and GOD, and not between families and middle-men like bishops, stake presidents, and general authorities.

I am grateful for the last prophet to walk the earth, Joseph Smith, and his equally noble wife Emma, and for the too easily overlooked brother Hyrum for all of their sacrifices to get a restoration of truth started in the 1800s.

I am grateful for the knowledge that the Holy Ghost is really the Holy Spirit and is NOT a personage. It is the influence of GOD that fills the immensity of space.

I am grateful that the Holy Spirit helped a hard-headed fool like me to leave a religion that prided itself on its specialness, and did almost nothing to help poor and needy people in the world.

I can never repay JESUS for what HE has done for me, and I will forever be in his debt.

If you are going to give extra thanks this thanksgiving, the only things that you could never be grateful enough for would be the life and Atonement of Jesus Christ and the incredible unselfishness of the Most High God!