King James Version
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Joseph Smith Translation
And then said his disciples unto him, They will say unto us,
We ourselves are righteous and need not that any man should teach us;
God , we know, heard Moses, and some of the prophets; but us he will not hear.
And they will say, We have the law for our salvation, and that is sufficient for us.
Then Jesus answered, and said unto his disciples. Thus shall ye say unto them,
What man among you, having a son, and he shall be standing out,
and shall say, Father, open thy house that I am may come in and sup with thee;
will he not say, Come in, my son; for mine is thine, and thine is mine?
Or what man is there among you,
who if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
1. Joseph Smith added an entire question and answer period between the SAVIOR and his disciples.
All other translations of the Bible miss this critical question from the disciples.
2. "We ourselves are righteous" - The Jews of CHRIST's day are just like any other religion of any other time. No one can teach a die hard Mormon, Methodist, or Muslim anything. Their religion is enough for them. It will not save them, but they cannot see that. When everyone in your family is the same religion, and everyone in your neighborhood thinks the same (Pakistan or Utah), then no one feels the need to keep finding truth.
3. "God we know, heard Moses" - GOD talking to Moses saved Moses. It will not save any other Jew.
GOD talked to Joseph Smith, but that will not save me or any other person since 1844.
4. "But us he will not hear" - The second greatest lie ever behind the lie "there is no GOD. " GOD talked to Cain after Cain killed Abel! So somehow He will not talk to other people, unless they are prophets? HE might first come to chew your ass, but HE will come, if you have enough faith in HIM.
5. "We have the law for our salvation" - Good luck with that. These knuckleheads are currently paying for their own sins in the lowest level of the spirit world, Hell. I am going to rely on JESUS CHRIST for my salvation, because there is no salvation without Him.
6. There is a lot of other great meat here, but if you like milk, keep reading any other edition of the Bible, or better yet, find a recent LDS lesson manual.