Saturday, February 18, 2017

A few thoughts and then back to the JST

Sorry I have not posted for awhile, my youngest daughter got married this week in Utah. It made me think of a few things involving Mormonism, and religion in general.

1. If you have not read it yet, check out Kendal Anderson's post on Brigham Young at www.obedientanarchy.com. I agree with his assertions that the LDS temple ceremony is masonry mixed with Brigham Young's ideas of blood atonement. He writes better than I do, so I encourage you to read it.

2. I did not go in the temple for the "sealing" having voluntarily given up my recommend.  I did so so I could stop paying ten percent of my modest teacher's salary to pay down the interest on a multi-billion dollar mall. I realize that only GOD decides who gets to live forever with their sweetheart and He has not given his authority to elderly white men from Utah. 

3. My wife and I are the only 2 people I know of who were married according to Joseph and Hyrum Smith's teaching that a wedding should be done in public, and that no one should be excluded. At the time it was because Mormonism does not allow widowed women to be "re-sealed", but now I am grateful that I have gotten two things right in a lifetime of mistakes (my choice of partner and the public wedding).

4. Referring back to point 3, Mormon widowers (men) can be "re-sealed". I believe this is to perpetuate the false belief that there is polygamy in Heaven. Good luck with that Mormon men. There are at least 3 places in the Book of Mormon where plural marriage is described as an abomination or not right in the eyes of GOD (Jacob 2, Mosiah 11, and Ether 8). A few men are going to be lucky to get one wife. Most men on this misogynistic planet are going to have no wives in the worlds to come. 

5. They can spend millions of dollars on hundreds of temples, but the LDS church cannot spend any money for homeless shelters?

6. Hard to see the forest when you are standing in the middle of it. Easier to see the bigger picture on the outside looking in. I give my wife credit for this idea.

Thanks for stopping by.

John Scott Peterson